Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day Eight


Friday, May 30

To make up for not going to Seattle yesterday I decided to spend the whole day sketching in Seattle.  In the morning I met with Mrs. Williams and she gave me a book that connects to art and my project.  I also talked with Mrs. Osborn for half an hour about art/life in general.

After my meeting I met up with Nick Hagan who has been in my art classes with Mrs. Osborn for three years and we went to Seattle.  Our first stop was the Seattle Public Library.  I chose this spot because of the architecturally distinctive building and the variety of people that hang out at libraries. 


Once again I saw how unique different people’s perspectives are.  We had the same view the whole time we were sketching but I focused more on the building and he focused more on the people.  It was interesting to see what we both picked out of the scene in front of us. 

After the library we walked to the Seattle Art Museum.  While the museum itself does not have the most incredible art collection, I have always been drawn to the decorations in the building.  The lobby contains hanging cars that light up and I knew I wanted to sketch these.  For me, it was fun to sketch in an art museum.  Making art at a place that celebrates art is really inspiring.  



 (The last two are really quick sketches...)







No comments:

Post a Comment