Monday, June 2, 2014

Day Nine


Monday, June 2

Today I decided to go to one location in Seattle so I would have time to work on the presentation later in the afternoon.  After an intense spin class with my mom (I’m dying) I drove to Fishermen’s Terminal.  I had to cut across to the Mercer exit again but it went really well, I am so much more comfortable driving to Seattle now than I used to be. 

Once I found a legal parking spot I walked around a little bit to get a feel for the place.  I hadn’t spent much time here before but I was excited to come here because I’m a boater.  I found a bench in a central area looking out at the docks and started by sketching a wide view of multiple boats. 


I think I was a little out of it still when I sketched this one because it did not turn out how I wanted it to.  I really don’t like it.  But that’s a huge part of art- not every drawing is going to be a success.  

After completing my first drawing my dad met up with me for lunch.  He ate fish and chips and I ate my gluten free sandwich and then we walked the docks and talked about how excited we were for boating season. 


Since my first drawing did not turn out well I decided to use a medium I am very comfortable with for the second: charcoal.  But instead of using black charcoal like I usually do I used brown and sketched a tugboat in front of me.  This one turned out much better and a little, old, Greek lady even came up to me and asked me if I went to art school and told me I had talent.  It is funny how I was feeling a little down about my first drawing but then I was more motivated to do the second and I even got a compliment. 


 (The one on top is a quick practice with brown charcoal) 



I started sketching the building behind me but decided to finish it at home so I would not be stuck in traffic for hours and hours. 




Today was one of my favorite days yet and anyone who knows me knows that I am happiest by the water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment